VCS Capacity Building
At the heart of CVS Brent is our Capacity Building; a core service that provides our members with advice, information, training and guidance that will help them better deliver quality community services and initiatives.
Our Capacity Building project aims to develop the sector’s ability to operate and respond eeffectively to current and future needs, challenges and opportunities.
Our Capacity Building Services and activities include:
- Governance – assistance with trustees and organisational governance.
- Organisational development – Assistance with developing and implementing procedures/policies (e.g. health & safety, recruitment etc).
- Planning – assistance in organisational/project planning (e.g. SWOT analysis).
- Monitoring and evaluation – assistance in data collection and handling to determine project and organisational impact (e.g. examining before/after data).
- Fundraising advice – assistance in identifying revenue streams, and point-by-point feedback on draft proposals with detailed comments/suggestions.
- Engagement – improving your organisations ability to effectively engage with specific user groups
Capacity Building For Youth Service Deliverers
Youth Capacity and Organisational Development Service
Firm Foundations Project
CVS Brent supports a capacity development initiative targeted at Brent’s VCSE agencies providing services for children & young people agencies through Firm Foundations (Clear Thinking Consulting). The objective being to fully equip children & young people’s organisations to increasing and improving their income and financial management, as well as operating with appropriate safeguards.
Firm Foundations and Youth Organisations Capacity Building Project is funded by the John Lyons Charity