CVS Brent delivers an intensive capacity building programme for voluntary and community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations that provide services that contribute to enhancing and promoting community safety in the borough of Brent.
This programme includes:
- Providing service providers with enhanced Organisational Health Checks to accommodate the areas of:
- Preventing Violent Extremism
- Working with Young People (up to age 24), including work with gang affiliated and affected young people
- Women and Men who have been victims of Domestic Violence in intimate relationships including same gender and inter – family violence
- Community cohesion and integration.
- Any additional themes of a Crime and/or Community Safety nature.
CVS Brent also provides specific training (e.g. prevent training, safeguarding), which organisations must undertake as part of their approval to become established partners of Brent Council and to seek any funding opportunities jointly.
This community safety initiative receives regular input from the London Borough of Brent and Brent (LBB) Metropolitan Police (BMP) in developing the provider list and ensuring that local VCSE organisations are compliant in relation to the requirements of both LBB and BMP.