April newsletter is now available online at the below link:
The issue includes:
- CVS Brent news: Results of available office space mapping in Brent, Volunteering Brent closure;
- Funding & awards: 2020 Culture Fund, Sustainable City Awards, Sixth Atul Pathak Community Awards and many other funding opportunities;
- Training & resources: New CVS Brent training programme announced – Management of Staff & Volunteers, Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) workshops, Safeguarding, London Datastore presentation, Partnership & Working in Consortiums, Monitoring & Evaluation, Grant Fundraising, Legal Duties for Trustees, Financial Management for Trustees, Strategic Business Planning, Commissioning & Tendering.
- Voluntary sector news: The Future of Civil Society inquiry has concluded, councillors urge Government to increase school funding, funding for safeguarding training for the voluntary sector announced, more children’s centres predicted to close, Social Security Advisory Committee has launched two consultations, two accident & emergency departments in west London won’t be closed, poverty increasing in Outer London, Bridge Park Complex campaigners win another victory against Brent Council;
- Job & volunteering vacancies: Opportunity to break into fundraising for working class applicants, Keep Britain Tidy is seeking new #LitterHeroes Ambassadors, volunteers for Learning Through the Arts.
- Events & services: Brent Mencap Easter Party, End of Life Care services survey by Brent CCG, Draft ward boundary proposals, Brent Connects meetings, Next open LBOC meeting, rent & business rates-free offices for charities, parenting support in Brent etc.;
- Bargains: halogen lights, printer staples, HDMI switch splitter, headsets, solar security light.
Please send any items to be considered for the May newsletter to email@example.com by April 30th. Any leaflets, posters or website links must be accompanied by a blurb of max. 150 words.
To subscribe to the newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.