Social Isolation in Brent Initiative (SIBI)
Tackling loneliness and social isolation
SIBI signposts people aged 18+ who are isolated to the wealth of clubs, groups, classes and activities in Brent. We talk with people about their interests, whether that’s art, sport, music, going to a lunch club, gardening, singing etc. We have a regularly updated list of 1,200 activities in Brent and signpost to those. We also discuss transport and wider issues.
Contact SIBI if you:
- are feeling isolated or know someone who is (fill in a referral form or referral form for Adult Social Care),
- have a social activity to include on our database,
- can volunteer to reduce isolation – at SIBI we’re looking for volunteers to phone people who are isolated, accompany people the first time and to help update our database of community activities.
Factsheets to download:
- Transport options
- Befriending in Brent
- Dementia social support
- Direct Payments
- Day Centres in Brent
- Gujarati speaking social activities in Brent
- Age UK Brent factsheet on Lunch and Social Clubs for older people in Brent
- Learning disabilities social activities in Brent
- Mental health activities in Brent
SIBI is funded by Brent Adult Social Care and Brent Public Health.
0741 531 5998
020 3011 1699