Social Isolation in Brent Initiative (SIBI)
Tackling loneliness and social isolation
SIBI signposts people aged 18+ who are isolated to the wealth of clubs, groups, classes and activities in Brent. We talk with people about their interests, whether that’s art, sport, music, going to a lunch club, gardening, singing etc. We have a regularly updated list of 1,100 activities in Brent and signpost to those. We also discuss transport and wider issues.
Contact SIBI if you:
- are feeling isolated or know someone who is (fill in a referral form or referral form for Adult Social Care),
- have a social activity to include on our database,
- can volunteer to reduce isolation – at SIBI we’re looking for volunteers to phone people who are isolated and to help update our database of community activities.
Factsheets to download:
- Transport options
- Befriending in Brent
- Dementia social support
- Direct Payments
- Day Centres in Brent
- Gujarati speaking social activities in Brent
- Age UK Brent factsheet on Lunch and Social Clubs for older people in Brent
SIBI is funded by Brent Adult Social Care and Brent Public Health.
0741 531 5998
020 3011 1699