Do you like…
- Finding out what people enjoy doing
- Discovering / researching what’s happening in your area
- Reaching out to people who are isolated
- Updating a database and helping groups put their info online
- Providing information
- Empowering and accompanying people to join an activity
- Creating publicity and an impact on social media
There are many residents in Brent that could be at risk of social isolation, including people with long term illness, older people living alone, people with no access to transport, people with low income, people with mental health issues, and people with dementia as well as carers.
The Social Isolation in Brent Initiative (SIBI) project’s job is to match people up with the thousands of community activities in Brent. We’re going to bring the two together to reduce loneliness and so that more people join local activities, e.g. arts, volunteering, singing, Zumba, adult classes, coffee mornings, gardening etc.
The role will include answering enquiries by phone, email as well as face-to-face meetings.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- You will gain an insight into health and social care, gain direct experience of working with a wide range of people and their needs, gain a good understanding of community activity.
- You can choose which type(s) of roles you wish to do and will be part of a new high-profile, flagship service, which brings with it excitement and innovation and also, we expect, some inevitable teething problems which you can help resolve.
- We provide induction and subsequent training and support. ( including Mock interviews, help with CV’s and jobseeking support).
- Full support from the project coordinator,
- Travel and meal expenses where applicable.
- Work experience to add to your CV.
If you are interested or if you have any queries about the role, please feel free to contact Tau Roberts, SIBI Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0741 531 5998 or 020 3011 1697.