Following the Social Prescribing in Brent workshop on the 18th June 2019, CVS Brent was tasked with co-ordinating and facilitating the Social Prescribing in Brent Network. Full notes of the June workshop are now available here. Please also see the presentations and photos taken at the event.
To take forward the social prescribing agenda in Brent, the following matters were highlighted at the event:
- The importance of collaborative working;
- The need to set up a Brent-wide social prescribing (SP) network, with the aim to network, share information, link up with London-wide SP network and learn from other SP projects, both in London and nationally;
- The importance of user/patient involvement;
- The need to develop a SP strategy for Brent;
- The importance of the role of the voluntary and community sector organisations;
- The need to address the resource implications on the sector.
We are pleased to announce that the Social Prescribing in Brent Network meeting will take place on Tuesday, 10th September 2019 from 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm (please click the above link to register).
The aim of the meeting is to provide an update on what is happening locally, to discuss the role and the format of the Social Prescribing in Brent Network, as well as to offer an opportunity to network and to share information. Follow our newsletters for updates.